Monday, December 22, 2008

OhEmGeee.

It's been an interesting couple days. Last night at 11:30pm the power went out, so I woke up really cold at like 5 am. After pulling on like, 4 sweaters and wrapping the blankets up around myself I slept until 9:30ish. When I woke up, my mom and brother and I were huddled on the couch, wrapped up in blankets with the dog. Our house is really drafty and the windows, it's an old house so there was wind blowing right through. So we got dressed, crated the dog and headed out to Tim Hortons. I guess our area was pretty much the only place without power because my grandmother had power and majority of the houses we drove by had lights on. We were at my grandmothers for a couple hours and then we decided we'd stay for the night, because our house is way too cold. So we went home to get the dog and some PJ's and clothes. The poor dog was shivering like hell. I felt so bad for him. D: So we loaded up him and his crate, leash and tieout and came back to my grandmothers, to our dismay, the power went out. And it stayed out. The next 2 hours were spent searching for/lighting candles. Around 5:30ish we headed to the church for a rehearsel for the mass on Christmas Eve. That went well and it took about 2 hours, 90% of the time was setting up microphones and chit chatting and whatnot. Power flickered a few times but my mom brought a flashlight. When we came home the power was back on, at my grandmothers. But our area was pitch black. Power crews were there, I saw a shitload of those trucks and cherry pickers on like every pole. I guess they gave up because it was still out. Nova Scotia power said that we prolly won't get the electricity back until like, 11:30 tomorrow night. There's nobody to talk too. D: *cough*katii&jabine*cough*.

No comments: